Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Most Ignored Person

It Is Written,1 Corinthians 12:6, and there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
The average person has heard about God and Jesus many times, in many ways. They hardly ever hear about the Holy Spirit, and if they have, they usually aren't aware of who He is or what He does.
When a person is saved, the Holy Spirit enters their heart. All believers have heard this, but once again even the average Christian hardly gives it a thought. Most do not know how important the baptism in the Holy Spirit is, or that there even is such a thing.
Some time ago, I heard a preacher talking about praying before you do something important, and letting the Holy Spirit guide you and help you. I started to do that, and when I let Him do it, I was never disappointed. It became a habit that grew.
As time went on, I began to realize a few interesting ideas. It is written, that Jesus came to save us, not to condemn us. If this is true, and it is, it stands to reason that God had all people in mind. So that presents a very interesting idea.
When I look back at my life, I now see what really happened. I have heard the Holy Spirit's voice for most of my life. The only time I didn't, is the years I totally ignored God.
Every time something good happened, I thought it was my doing, intuition, or just plain luck. I couldn't explain the fact that my life was literally saved several times, except by exceptional luck. When I went against the voice, I didn't pay the price I deserved.
What I didn't realize was that the Holy Spirit was working to bring me to God. I got chance after chance. As I drifted further and further away from God, the voice became less and less, till it stopped. After a few years I called on God in desperation, and He heard me.
I think that everyone has had similar experiences. The one we didn't know, or care about, tries to lead us to Christ. It is our decision to listen or not. Call on the name of Jesus, He will answer.
I must tell you this because it really made me see how much He, the Holy Spirit does care. Two days ago I took my lawnmower out. It didn't even try to start. It was making all kinds of clunky clanking noises when I was pushing it so I figured this sucker isn't going to work. I let it sit a while, then I tried again. It still wouldn't start. Went through the same routine two more times. My wife came out and asked me if I had asked the Holy Spirit to make the lawnmower run. Boy was I dumb for not even thinking about that. So my wife and I held hands and asked the Holy Spirit to make it start. I pulled the cord, and it started like a brand-new mower. It ran the rest of the day like there was no problem at all. I guess that will teach me to always remember to talk to the Holy Spirit. Praise the Lord!
What have you got to lose, try it.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment