Tuesday, November 25, 2014

If God Said It, It Is True

It Is Written, Joshua 21:45, not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel.
Most homes have a Bible. Some have a big family Bible. Most of the time, it is used to record births, deaths, and marriages. A lot of times, it is just like the nick nacks and lays on a table.
A lot of times, even people that occasionally read it, don't understand its true significance. They often say that they don't have time to read it, and pass it off as just another storybook. They usually take some incident in it to question the fairness of God. Usually all of the killing in the Old Testament is used as their chief argument. The problem is they took something out of context, and never read the reasons.
Then you have the other group of people, who again take things out of context, and will tell you about everything they cannot accept about what they read, even though Jesus may have said it. They usually try to explain what they feel God was thinking, or what He really meant.
The Bible is the Word of God, period. He knew what He was saying, and He meant what He said. The Bible is not open to opinions. You must believe it all. You don't get to create your own version. If you study it with a good study Bible, you will find yourself understanding it, and possibly even keeping your opinion out of what is said.
After reading the Bible a number of times, I see how much God loves me by what is in the Word. As you study you begin to see God's plan. I believe if a person started young, and lived by what the Bible teaches, he or she would live a very contented, productive life, because they would more than likely have a true relationship with God.
Believing the whole Bible is a choice. I made up my mind that I believe everything the Bible says, even though my human brain sometimes tries not to accept certain things. I admit there are a few things I will ask Jesus to explain to me. You must forget your pride and believe as a little child just the way it is written in the Bible. The big thing you must always remember is if God said it, it is, regardless of what anyone says. Do not be misled by people you think might be smarter than you. Trust God.
The Bible was written to help us get back to heaven. God's word is not foolish. Life is made up of rules for everything we do. Just as in a game, if you don't follow the rules, you lose. The Bible is one set of rules, that none of us can afford to ignore. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment