Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Another Thanksgiving

It Is Written, Ephesians 5:20, give thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanksgiving, as we all know by now, is a traditional day of thanks to the Lord. I would like to put the following thoughts out there for all to think about. First of all I suggest thanking God every day. We ask Him for something every day, yet most of us thank Him once a year. What is wrong with that picture? Think about this. If your family asks you for something every day, and thank you once a year, and still complained that you weren't fast enough in giving them what they want, how would you feel? By the grace of God, he is not like most of us.
Second. We all have our traditional list of things we thank God for. It is a list of things we don't have to think about. Sound sincere? How about we give thanks to God for what He does for us every day. Most good does not happen to us because we are clever. When you take a breath, is it your effort, or God's grace? Get the idea?
Third. Have you ever thought about thanking God for what didn't happen?For instance an argument with your spouse that didn't get ugly. How about an accident that didn't happen, or a sickness you didn' get. You didn't lose your job, things like that.
This last group takes a little time to figure out because the facts are unknown. When something bad or unpleasant happens to someone, remember it could've been you.An expression I use quite often when I see someone who appears to be unfortunate, such as a homeless person, I say to myself, but for the grace of God there go I.
God has a job for each one of us. If you happen to get a good job, live in a peaceful place, don't look down on someone else. That other person's life could have been yours. We each play a part, according to God's plan. He decides, and gives us a part for His reasons, not because we are so good are so bad. God is the creator, He gets to decide.
So put your heart into your thanks, and do it every day, it really doesn't hurt. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment