Thursday, November 6, 2014

Take Up Your Cross

It Is Written, Matthew 10:38, "and he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me."
If you are like a lot of people, you have heard this verse many times. Chances are you probably didn't stop and think about it. You may not have even known what it referred to.
I think the best way to describe our cross, is by comparing it to the world. The world is a pretty heavy cross. A look at some of what we are referring to.
Let's start out with what to me is a heartbreaking part of our cross. The United States was founded as a republic, built on Godly principles. Our laws were written by what was in the Bible. Our founding fathers were God-fearing men. This country was blessed.
After the second world war, we started to go downhill morally. Little by little, God was taken out. As a matter of fact it seems like God is a dirty word now. Good has become bad, and bad has become good. Murder has become legal, and the traditional family as described in the Bible is in jeopardy. What is called free speech has gotten so ridiculous it is positively sickening. Christian values are under attack daily.
It is become very difficult to teach your children God's way, when so many teachers, especially at college-level, are atheists preaching there is no God. They preach the theory of evolution, with no regard to the absolute nonsense and impossibility of it.
It is hard to teach your children ethics, when they see politicians who are in some cases as bad or worse than some of the people in prison. When you read the Bible about the end times, it is like reading your daily newspaper.
Rather than belaboring the point, because I think we all know what the world is really like, I will only say this. Jesus showed us the way. All we have to do is what Jesus did. Pray to our father in heaven and do what he tells us to do. He will never leave us or forsake us. Never forsake him. We need to give it all back to the Lord. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment