Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Live As Jesus Did

It Is Written, John 6:38, "for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me".
This verse really gives us a guideline to life. If you take a good look at what it says, and meditate on it, it really applies to us too. Let's examine what I just said.
Jesus was sent by His father to rescue a fallen world. God gave His only son to teach people how to live. If God didn't love us so much, He wouldn't have sent His only son. God the father could have taken the easy way, and just destroyed the whole world. He could destroy the world as often as He wanted to, until He got what He wanted. He didn't because He loves us.
Jesus spent his life on this Earth in the body of a man. He felt all of the same things we feel. satan tried anger, greed, lust, selfishness, and all the rest. Jesus however did not fall for any of this, because He was focused on His father. Being a man He knew what pain and hunger was like.
Jesus spent His life serving others. He taught them the way to salvation. He healed the sick, cast out demons, worked miracles. Finally He died for us, so we could be saved. He rose again conquering death and satan. He gave the apostles the great commission, before He went back to heaven.
So let's see where we are at this point. Whether you believe each person is a spirit with God from the beginning, or created in our normal human birth, it is immaterial. The fact is that God the father sent us just as He sent His son. The mission we have is the same one Jesus had. Salvation gave us the same father Jesus had. We received the same Holy Spirit that was the power behind Jesus miracles, and resurrection.
Jesus and his father knew exactly what we would face, because Jesus did it. In the great commission, Jesus told the apostles and us to do what He did, and greater. He gave us His helper, the same Holy Spirit. We received the same amount of faith Jesus had.
It seems pretty clear to me, that we really were created in His image in all aspects. As we exercise our commission, and seek the kingdom, we will be more like Jesus. We have everything He had. Faith is the key. The more we believe, the stronger the faith. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment