Sunday, March 3, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

The Holy Spirit And You

Matthew 3:11, I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Many people are confused about the Holy Spirit. The Bible tells us that when we are saved, we received the Holy Spirit. Many people are baptized into salvation through a water baptism and think that is as far as it goes.

Galatians 5: 22-23, but the fruit of the spirit is love, Joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

These are the fruits of the Holy Spirit. The fruits are actions the Holy Spirit uses to show others that we belong to the Lord Jesus Christ. We can work on all or one of these, it is up to us. The Holy Spirit does not force anything on us. We still have free will.

1 Corinthians 12:3-11, Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Spirit. There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each for the prophet of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gift of healings by the same Spirit, to another working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

 The Lord Jesus told the apostles what to do after He went back to Heaven. The apostles could do nothing without the direction of the Holy Spirit and His power. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience of the presence and power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

 This relationship with the Holy Spirit is not automatic. You must ask the Lord God Almighty to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and to be filled with the Holy Spirit and His power to serve according to the will and plan of Our Father God.

Romans 8: 26, likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Some years ago, I asked a preacher to baptize me in the Holy Spirit. When he did, I felt good but no fireworks as I’d expected. I was a little disappointed, but I started to notice after a while that things that I thought about and acted on were different.

Peace was in my heart, stress was gone, and I got more understanding when I read the Bible. I started praying in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit.

I know in my heart that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I even see glimpses of the presence of God Almighty in my day. The hard part of realizing what the Holy Spirit can do in your life is waiting for Him to give you Direction and Power to take advantage of one or more gifts that He gives us. It is all worth it, however. I pray you will find what I found. All you must do is ask our Father. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of my sins, and I thank You and Praise You for what You did on the cross to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment