Sunday, March 17, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

A Cataract

     2 Corinthians 4:3-4, But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God should shine on them. 

This title may seem kind of strange to many people. Bear with me and read on, to get a better idea of what we face.

When I reached middle age, I started to notice that my vision was slowly getting worse. I started to think it was an age issue, because I knew some people that started to wear glasses.

It finally reached the point that I was even having trouble reading. I went to an ophthalmologist and found out I had cataracts and needed surgery. After the cataracts were removed, I was astounded by how well I could see. In my entire life I never was able to see so good.

1 Corinthians 2:14, but the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them because they are spiritually discerned.

As is normal during our daily prayer time, a thought came to me that seemed important. You may agree or not, it is naturally your choice.

The entire world, and the vast majority of people are covered in a spiritual cataract. satan put these there to keep us from seeing the truth. People don’t realize that they are not seeing the truth because everyone has their own opinion of what truth is.

The cataracts satan created are in fact a heart issue. The only way to remove these cataracts and see the truth is to call on the Lord Jesus Christ. 

When we call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit starts to remove these spiritual barriers. We start to see the good and the evil.

The Holy Spirit gives us the discernment we need to tell the difference between the two. Since the barriers are spiritual, they can only be removed in the lives of those who call on the Lord Jesus Christ. Stay in the word and grow in faith.

satan will always construct and replace these spiritual barriers so that the unwary will be deceived. If you are saved, count on the Holy Spirit who will always help you to see the truth.

Ephesians 4:18, This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who being past feeling have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

God bless you and your family.  Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of those sins, and I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment