Tuesday, March 12, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Watchman On The Wall

Ezekiel 32:7-9, So you son of man; I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore, you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. When I say to the wicked, oh wicked man, you will surely die! And you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. Nevertheless, if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul.

As far back as the history of man goes, every group of people had watchmen, or lookouts, guards, whatever you want to call them. The job of a watchman was to stay awake while everyone else slept.

This system worked very well as the watchman stayed awake and warned the people. When the people took the warning seriously, they were saved. If the watchman fell asleep, and the people had no warning, they perished.

Isaiah 62: 6, I have set watchman on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace, day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent. 

You may be wondering what this has to do with the times we are living in. Think about this. The prophets were God’s watchmen. They told people what God Almighty told them because God was holding them responsible.

In these times every Christian is a Watchman for the Lord God Almighty. If we don’t tell others about The Lord Jesus Christ and being saved through him, they will perish and that will be our fault. If however, we do our best to tell them about the Lord Jesus Christ and they ignore it or reject it they will perish, and it will be their fault.

Nehemiah 4:9, nevertheless we made our prayer to God, and because of them we set a watch against them day and night.

In Our Lifetime we can help people find Jesus. Even if only one is saved through our efforts, we did our job. The best place to start is our children and our family. Teach your children by reading bible stories to them and showing them by your example, by going to church, keeping your word, telling the truth.

A parent is a role model. The father is the spiritual head of the family. You are the Watchmen to guard their souls. Teach them to pray and believe. Your responsibility for the well-being and salvation of your children begins with you.

Going to church is a good thing to do with your children, but if your church is not teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ, it becomes your responsibility to continue teaching them the truth as Almighty God sees it.

Warn them about discerning truth from the lies that smother our world. Teach them to take what they hear and compare it to what God says, and not what government or media says. Tell them to rely on the Holy Spirit for guidance. Pray with them. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

 Remember Jesus loves you.

 Prayer of Salvation.

 My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior and I Repent of my sins. I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment