Tuesday, March 5, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Parables

Matthew 20:1-16, Tells the story of a Vineyard owner who hired people at various times during the day. At the end of the day, everyone got paid the same.  Be sure to read these verses to get the whole story of what I’m talking about. 

The Lord Jesus Christ taught using parables. For those not familiar with that word, a parable is a simple story that conveys a greater truth. Years ago, when I first heard this parable, I thought it wasn’t fair to these workers. Everyone I talked to about it pretty much felt the same way.

This was a dilemma. Jesus taught this Parable for a reason. Since the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and will not lie, there must be something I wasn’t seeing.

Every so often I would think of this Parable, and I thought to myself that someday, when I saw the Lord Jesus, I would ask Him what it meant.

The other day, when I wasn’t even reading the Bible, a thought came to me about this parable. It seemed simple and answered my question. I don’t claim I read it in the Bible, or that the Lord Jesus Christ explained it this way. Possibly the Holy Spirit inspired it. You decide.

For the sake of helping explain, let us take a person of 10 years old, one 30 years old, and one 60 years old, and one about to take his last breath. Each of them found the Lord Jesus as their savior on those birthdays.

In the vineyard we had a landowner, and in life we have the Lord Jesus Christ. In this life all of them go to Heaven, just like all the workers in the vineyard got paid all the same, the ages didn’t matter in Salvation.

The explanation that came to me may or may not be true. Let us say that each of them lives to be 80 years old.

The 10-year-old would have 70 years of guidance, blessings, and a life of helping others to find Jesus.  So, each person had the difference between their birthday and their 80 birthdays to do what the 10-year-old did. In other words, each of them enjoyed the blessings for a different amount of time, but they were all saved.

I don’t know if there are different degrees of Heaven based on your life or not. It really doesn’t matter though. Experiencing the joy of helping in even a tiny way, someone being saved, is a reward in itself. Don’t forget, if you save one, and they do the same, it will end up being a lot of others.

Reading the Bible regularly and meditating on what you read, will put you in touch with our Father God. Before you read, ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand what you read. 10 minutes, or 10 hours, doesn’t really matter, but what does matter is consistency. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of my sins, and I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment