Thursday, September 7, 2023

Patience Is A Virtue

Psalm 27:14, Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

The definition of patience, enduring difficult people or situations without giving up hope.

Many people think about patience or lack of it when they are in a checkout lane, or in heavy traffic. In these situations you sure do get a quick study in learning patience, or you do something irrational.

The Bible tells us of a classic example of losing patience and doing something irrational, because people gave up hope. Read Exodus chapter 32 and 33. To give a quick account. Moses went up on Mount Sinai to receive the ten Commandments. The people thought Moses wasn't coming back so they made a golden calf, worshiped it as their God, and committed countless vile sins, and evil of all kinds.

Romans 8:25,  But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

They were so evil that when Moses came back he was furious. He told everyone that wanted to be on the side of God, to come to him. It seemed like a chance to repent. Many didn't, and were later consumed by a plague sent by almighty God.

As you can see patience is very important whether it was then or now. We pray and struggle with patience toward God. Have you ever thought about God's patience toward you? Almighty God has been waiting a long time for us to wake up.

2 Peter 3:9, The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Just as a reminder. When we are saved, we receive the Holy Spirit and the fruits of the spirit. One of them is long suffering, or patience. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment