Tuesday, September 5, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Examples Of Biblical Faith

Habakkuk 3:17-18, Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

These verses sometimes disturb some Christians. They wonder how God would allow such a catastrophe. It is true that bad things can happen to good people, but not without reason.

Habakkuk, was a prophet picked by God to give instructions to the people. Remember, God has reasons for everything He allows. In this case it seems that it was probably to teach future generations a lesson in faith. I suspect that, I do not know that for sure, only God knows. This story, in the following verses shows us that in spite of all hardships, pain, suffering, and loss, these two people did not blame God or lose their faith.

Job 1: 21-22,  and he said, naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.

Job 2:9-10, Then his wife said to him, do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die. But he said to her, you speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

These men have taught a valuable lesson to all Christians who follow since the time these verses were written. Yes it was all planned by God before creation. We must look to these as fantastic examples in faith whether it's good times or bad times. Don't blame God, there is a reason and it will become clear at some point. It will be a blessing and not a curse. We must realize that no matter how tough it seems at times, God is there and He knows and He will help us and bless us if we persevere.

Proverbs 13:21, Disaster pursue sinners, but the righteous are rewarded with good.

God bless you and your family.

Remember Jesus loves you.

 Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment