Thursday, September 14, 2023

Anointing

James 5:14, Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the Elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

When you read the Bible you see hundreds of examples of oil being used for all sorts of reasons. From anointing Kings, prophets, and Priests, to animals, tools, and anything that was set aside for God or even things such as protection for Animals.

Exodus 40:10, You shall also anoint the alter of burnt offering, and all its utensils and consecrate the alter, so that the alter may become most Holy.

At this point I set out to find as much as I could about anointing. It seemed to me to indicate spiritual power right from almighty God.

 After going to a number of sources, because I didn't want just one opinion, I believe I got my answer.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22, And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us His spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

I checked out the whole meaning in a commentary by Warren w Wiersbe, and I quote, “all Christians have been anointed by the Holy Spirit. As we yield to the Spirit He enables us to serve God and to live Godly lives. He gives us special spiritual discernment that we need to serve God acceptably”.

I also inquired about anointing oneself. The answer is yes you can. Ask almighty God to anoint you with faith and understanding in order to pray and use oil on those who need it. Again, multiple sources with the same answer.

Google Kenneth Copeland Ministries and you will find that he says one of the things you should do is anoint your home to cleanse it from all evil spirits as well as bringing God's blessing it on all those who are living there.

I know that the idea of being anointed sounds strange to some people. The fact of the matter is when we are saved the Holy Spirit comes to us. When we pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit, the Lord baptizes Us in the Holy Spirit. At that point based on what the Holy Spirit needs from us, we can have access to one or more of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:6-11, There are varieties of activities, but is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance and knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another Faith by the same Spirit, to another the gift of healing by the same Spirit, to another the working of Miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as He wills.

So there you have it my friends, make of it what you will, but I take literally what the Bible says and try to live by it. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment