Sunday, September 17, 2023

God's Promises Sunday

Is Church A Must

Hebrews 10:24-25, Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Many Christians do not go to church regularly. They have many different reasons for not going, but the fact is they don't realize all of the blessings they are missing when they don't go.

Some Christians say that they cannot find the right Church. I know, because I used to feel that way too. After checking out quite a few churches over the years I came to realize there is no perfect church.

That being the case, How do you find a church? First of all, find a church that teaches the Bible as it is written. No man-made rules.

The pastor must teach the word of God, not just talking about things that are his opinion. If the word is being taught, don't leave for reasons like, you don't like the music, or there's too much music, or the sermons are too long. You must weigh what you don't like, against the word of God.

The church should welcome the presence of the Holy Spirit, and encourage the works of the Holy Spirit among the members.

1  Corinthians 12:27, Now you are the body of Christ, and individually members of it.

Matthew 18: 20,  for where two or three are gathered in My name, there am I among them.

As you become a part of the body of Christ, and take part in the teaching, you will also grow closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. You will start to see the Holy Spirit working in your life. Prayers that call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, will be answered. Whatever good works you do, will be treasure piling up in Heaven.

Colossians 3: 15-16,  and Let the Peace of Christ rule in your hearts  to which indeed you were called in one body. Be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another and all wisdom, singing sounds and hymns, and spiritual song, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.


Now for the sobering facts. You must be familiar with the Bible, so you know the truth of what you are taught. The whole plan is to be faithful in all your efforts, and live according to the word of God.

Going to church may seem difficult for a little while, but if you participate along with the other members of the body of Christ, you will find yourself looking forward to the next time you go. Friends and family may even notice a really drastic change in how you interact with them. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment