Tuesday, June 20, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

God’s Way

Matthew 6:11, Give us this day our daily bread.

I was sitting in my backyard enjoying the beautiful day the Lord made, and my wife was listening to an Alan Jackson album of worship songs, and I heard the Hymn “How Great Thou Art”.

This whole experience seemed like it was set up by the Lord as a reminder to me of who He is. Maybe we all need a reminder, occasionally.

As we have all experienced every now and then, we overlook the blessings of Almighty God because we are caught up in the cares of the world. As a matter of fact, we usually end up with a so-so result because we didn’t trust God, so we ended up doing what we think, and that blocked God from acting in our behalf for our best.

I hate to admit it, but I wasted many years and a whole lot of effort because I didn’t trust God. I didn’t consciously doubt God, I was just too busy doing things my way to notice, without success I might add.

Almighty God fed the Israelites one day at a time because  all these people could not live off the land, they had to trust God. Everything they needed was provided as they needed it.

Matthew 6:34, Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

There are many occasions in the Bible that give examples of one day at a time. It is God’s way of showing people that He is the source of all good things.

I believe the reason for this story is, when we are allowed to succeed on our own, our success can lead us into so much pride and self, we become our own God. At that point the chances of Eternal damnation are high.

The Israelites suffered huge losses when they disobeyed God, or did not consult with Him for instructions. Fortunately, God is quick to forgive a repentant heart.

As I have said before, the best thing you can do is when you get up in the morning commit your day and everything in your life to the service of the Lord Jesus Christ. Then just trust and you won’t be disappointed. Besides, we know in our hearts what the answer is, Let go and let God.

Fast forward a few thousand years and notice that God’s Word has not changed.  He is the same God loving us the same, forgiving us the same, someone we can truly count on. We can’t even count on ourselves so what can we lose counting on God. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Romans 10:13, For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus! Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment