Sunday, June 11, 2023

God's Promises Sunday

How Jesus Taught

Matthew 13:34-35, Jesus told the crowds all these things in Parables and He did not tell them anything without a parable. So that what was spoken through the prophet might be fulfilled. “I will open my mouth in Parables; I will declare things kept secret from the foundation of the world.”

Over the years I have tried to understand the reasons people followed Jesus. I was also trying to figure out if I would have followed Him if I lived back then.

The people that lived in those days were mostly illiterate. Even if they could read, scrolls were few and far between. These people were brought up with the law of Moses with all The Commandments. And all the man-made rules, traditions, and rituals. How could they know much? Almost everything they knew about God depended on how good a teacher the rabbi was.

Along Came Jesus. Jesus was not what they were used to. He preached love, mercy, and forgiveness. He showed them by example. This was unheard of. He healed people of various diseases, cast out demons, and touched the hearts of many.

When Jesus healed someone He forgave their sins, and in some cases warned them about sinning in the future. He did not take this opportunity to beat them over the head with a sermon.

Matthew 13: 10-11, and then the disciples came up and asked Him, why are you speaking to them in parables? The answer is because the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven have been given to you to know but it has not been given to them.

I used to wonder how anyone knew what Jesus was talking about. The truth is Jesus taught in parables like analogies. Jesus didn’t tell them things and expect them to know. He brought the teaching to their level by telling a story about things they were familiar with in order to make His point.

For instance, the story about building a house on a solid foundation. He could then explain how the idea would apply to their daily lives. Jesus had a way of getting people not to just know what He said, they understood what He was talking about in most cases.

Another thought. Suppose I told you how to beat an egg. Would you know? How about if I showed you an example?

We live in times that require diligence to learn the truth. Probably at least 95% of what we hear in the news and even in many churches are lies and deception. Now just like in Jesus time it was and is a battle between good and evil for your soul.

A final note. If you receive Jesus in your heart, He will help you understand all things. Just ask! God bless you and your family.  Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus! 

Praise The Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment