Thursday, June 8, 2023

Life By The Book

2 Timothy 3:16, All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

In the past, several messages I talked about using the Bible as a guide To living a good life. It is a very rewarding way if we put some effort into understanding how everything fits together.

As with anything, an application to real life is there if you choose to pursue it with an open mind, heart, and eyes. The trick is seeing the way God sees and not as people see.

Luke 1:37, For nothing will be impossible with God.

Several years ago, I claimed Psalm 91 as my own. I read it every day for protection from evil of all kinds, man-made or plagues and pestilences. I feel perfect peace because I know I am covered by the word of God.

Proverbs is another book that is a perfect source of wisdom for Life. Read slowly, visualizing what they’re saying and asking God to show you the way.

Ecclesiastes was written by Solomon in his old age. It is a series of recollections about his life. It sounded as though nothing had changed because you can see the same thing today. How many of us have looked back and seen our mistakes and had regrets? Well, my friends if you read Ecclesiastes early enough in life, you can avoid many mistakes and many heartaches and not have regrets when you get old.

Matthew 4: 4, but he answered, it is written, one does not live by bread alone but by every word that is from the mouth of God.

There are lessons, and guidance from God Almighty in every book of the Bible. Like any treasure though, you must dig for it. The payoff is priceless and well worth the effort. I suggest before you do anything whether it’s reading the Bible or some little project around the house, ask the Holy Spirit for help and guidance and you will succeed. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. 

Thank you, Lord Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment