Tuesday, May 30, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Lessons For These Times

Matthew 4:4, But He answered and said, “it is written man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

There is a great falling away from faith going on right now, especially among Christians. It could be in part because there isn’t much teaching of God’s word in the churches these days.

The world has concluded that the word of God is too strict, it is outdated, and should be adjusted to fit today’s norms. Very few pastors are teaching God’s word, and that we should adjust to it.

Christianity has reached a place in society where it is a DIY project. Don’t lose hope though, because there is an excellent way to know and keep God’s word. As an example, we will use Psalm 91 as a teaching tool. The Bible talks to you if you listen with your heart.

Psalm 91: 1-2, he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my Fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.

These verses tell you that when you abide with God in spirit, He is a safe place. It talks about trusting in Him to be your safe place, your protection, your Fortress.

Psalm 91: 3-6, surely, He shall deliver You from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night nor the arrow that flies by day. Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness. Nor of the destruction that lays waste at Noonday.

These verses talk about protection from diseases, and destruction that kills, whether natural or man-made. My family and I trusted in God and these words as protection against covid as one example. Take God’s word literally and you won’t regret it. Picture a mother bird in the rain with her wings wrapped around her young to protect them.

Psalm 91: 7-13, A thousand may fall at your side and 10,000 at your right hand, but it shall not come near you only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord who is my refuge even the Most High your dwelling place no evil shall befall you nor shall any plague come near your dwelling for He shall give His angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up lest you dash your foot against the stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young Lion and serpent you shall trample under foot. 

We see the protection against evil, plagues, and such. God sends angels to watch over and protect as well as guide all those who are His. We are surrounded all the time with angels watching out for us and if we could see how they are protecting us, you would be Believers in a split second.

Psalm 91: 14- 16, Because He has set His love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.

God tells us since we love and trust Him, He will answer us when we call upon Him. He will be with us in trouble and reward us with long life.

As you can imagine this whole Psalm goes much deeper than we can cover here. This really is a great way to introduce you to Our Father God in your studies.  It makes you think and helps you to realize just what the word of God is saying to you. Take it personally, because He sent these words to you so that you can come back to Him for all eternity.

Psalm 119: 105, Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus!    

No comments:

Post a Comment