Thursday, April 20, 2023

What Is Our Role

2 Timothy 3:16-17, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for Doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction and righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Many Believers live under the illusion that God is some sort of Genie. Ask, sit back and wait. Nothing could be further from the truth. Let’s examine what is supposed to happen.

John 14: 12-14, most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to my father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. 

From this verse we see that Jesus not only expected His followers to do as He did, but He also commanded them.  As a matter of fact, God the Father sent the Lord Jesus Christ to us, with a specific mission here.

We are Jesus hands and feet on this Earth. We are to reflect Jesus’ light to everyone we meet. Don’t forget, Jesus didn’t just sit back and pronounce healing from headquarters. Jesus went out and taught people how to live. Jesus said be healed, or your sins are forgiven, but it did not happen until the person did their part.

John 15: 26, but when the helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

One other thing worth mentioning. The Bible is an instruction book that includes teaching us how to avoid the pitfalls that satan puts out there for us. I know I keep pushing some knowledge of the Bible, but it is vital. If it wasn’t vital for us to know, why would satan know the whole Bible and twist it to his advantage in order to destroy the people of God? God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus Loves You.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment