Thursday, April 27, 2023

Talking To God

Psalm 145:18-20, The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them.

When you mention the name of Jesus Christ, the majority associate Him with religion. The sad part is they usually refuse to say why, and quickly change the subject.

These are the facts as I understand them. Everyone gets an invitation from God the Father to come to Him, but most don’t hear Him, because they are caught up in the things of the world. Some other reasons could be, and I have heard this many times people feel they are beyond redemption for all the things they have done in their lives. Other people feel they don’t know how or even want to come close to God for their own personal reasons. I think this is a big mistake.

First off, Christianity is a relationship with God, and religion is a set of man-made rules and rituals that keep many people from really knowing God.

When God invites someone to be saved, He already knows what they have done. He knows every Sin no matter how terrible they were. He just wants people to come to Him because they are His children. The Lord Jesus Christ already paid for your sins, so all you must do is accept His gift of salvation, and when you do you become righteous in God’s eyes, which means you can go right to Him, without some kind of middleman.

God wants to talk to you the way a loving father would talk to his son or daughter. Prayers from your heart, telling Him about everything on your mind and what is in your heart, without fear of condemnation. He already knows all this stuff, but it is a chance for you to get things off your chest.

1 Thessalonians 5: 17, pray without ceasing.

So, the idea of an honest conversation with our Father is in effect a prayer. A prayer relationship with God, becomes something to look forward to. If you ever saw the movie Fiddler on the Roof it will become obvious that the main character talks to God all day long. I think that is an example of praying without ceasing.

Believe me talking to God gives you peace, answers, and makes your day. He really hears you because you are His child. It’s a wonderful experience because you can just relax and talk to Him without any fear of condemnation, knowing that He hears everything you’re telling Him because He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:7, casting all your cares on Him, for He cares for you.

Romans 8:26, likewise the spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

 Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment