Tuesday, March 28, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Mercy Without Limit

Matthew 5:7, Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain Mercy.

As I sat thinking about, and talking to Jesus, I had a sudden reminder of our Father God’s love and mercy. We should stop and think of the history of man.

Before there was anything, God planned and foresaw everything that made up His plan. It was not a surprise to Him how things would turn out with His creation.

Ephesians 2 :8-9, for by Grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Matthew 9:13, but go and learn what this means; I desire mercy and not sacrifice. For I did not come to call the righteous but Sinners, to repentance.

God saw that man’s sins were going to be at such a level that man could not redeem himself. It would require the suffering, death, and resurrection of His only Son, who was totally sinless. The Lord Jesus Christ came to die and pay for all of our sins, past, present, and future.

God also knew that even though Jesus would lead a sinless life and perform many miracles, He would be hated for no reason for centuries to come.

Just for a moment put yourself in the situation the Lord Jesus was in. Jesus preached salvation every day to many people who did not and would not believe in Him.

Jesus healed many people. As He was doing His miracles and healings, He knew that most would not thank Him, as a matter of fact some of these people would be among those who would reject Him and scream for His blood. He loved and forgave them anyway. God saw the entire history of man. The evil you see all around you, is what He died to forgive. In John 3:16, we see that God in His Mercy didn’t want anyone to perish but to have eternal life.

You and I are among the Sinners Jesus came to die for. Let me ask you this question. Would you forgive someone who deliberately did something to hurt you. This person was a recipient of a kind act that you did for him that cost you something, and he spit in your face, and accused you of being the bad guy and worse. I think if we were completely honest about that question we would be unhappy with the answer we came up with.

The only thing Jesus wants from you, is you. Just repent and ask Him to be your savior. We are repenting of our sins in order for us to acknowledge that we are sinners, and that is why Jesus had to go to the cross. Many of us are convinced we are not sinners, but the answer is we are.

Hebrews 4: 16, let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find Grace to help in time of need.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment