Sunday, March 19, 2023

God's Promises Sunday

Then And Now

Ephesians 2:8-9, For by Grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

When Jesus was on this Earth, it was a totally different situation. People at that time knew about God, only through the religious leaders. Then as now, the truth was limited by personal interests.

The people saw Jesus as the son of a carpenter. The religious leaders of the day told everyone that Jesus was doing the works of satan. The question was, what should they believe? On one hand they heard what Jesus said and saw what He did. At the same time religious leaders tried to convince everyone that Jesus was evil.

Romans 10:9, If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

I tried to figure out what I would have believed if I lived then. Think about that. What would you believe? They were in a tough spot spiritually. If they followed Jesus, they would be persecuted and condemned by the religious leaders as well as fellow citizens.

Today we have the benefit of reading the Word of God as inspired by the Holy Spirit. The people who lived with Jesus and witnessed everything that the Holy Spirit helped them remember. What they saw and wrote was only the truth.

What an advantage we have today. We know the truth. The big question today however is, do we believe? Will our pride and superior education allow us to accept the truth? Do we understand what is at stake?

Matthew 7:21,  not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in Heaven.

To put it in a simple way, what this verse is telling us is if you really analyze it based on other parts that you read in the word, faith and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is a heart thing. If you don’t live the way a Christian should live, you must ask yourself if you really are a Christian. Knowing Jesus and believing in Him, is a lot different than knowing about Him. Just knowing about Him, does you no good.

You have more than likely heard descriptions of Heaven and hell. These descriptions are usually in the form we understand, such as streets paved with gold.

In the next two messages I will tell of Heaven, and hell. These messages are based on what I feel I was inspired to say. No one escapes eternity, the question is where will you be?

God bless you and your family.  Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment