Thursday, October 20, 2016

A Personal God


It Is Written, 1 Corinthians 3:16, do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
On a number of occasions, I have heard various preachers say that head knowledge of Jesus is not enough to be saved. It takes heart knowledge to be saved.That bothered me for a long time. I really believed, but I didn't really know what heart knowledge was or what it is supposed to feel like.
It occurred to me one day, when I was watching a Jesus movie, or even a regular movie, (not one with evil spirits, sex, murder) that I was touched by certain things.
When I saw Jesus being abused in the movie, it seemed like I felt His pain, and I became angry at the Jewish leaders as well as the Romans. It is then that I discovered that whenever I saw something that seemed to go against God or his people it bothered me in my heart. I began to get the idea what heart knowledge is. It wasn't my head that told me, it was my heart that was being prompted by the Holy Spirit.
 When I started to pray the next time, instead of the usual Father or Lord, I said "my father". When I did, the floodgates opened and my heart was overwhelmed with the loving closeness for Jesus. That my friends is what I believe heart knowledge to be. It isn't something you think about, it's something you ask the Holy Spirit to show you. Don't doubt at all, He will show you in no uncertain terms. God Bless You and Your Family            
Praise The Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment