Sunday, August 21, 2016

Anointing Oil


It Is Written, Psalm 23:5, You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.
In Bible days, anointing with oil was a special thing. For instance, Samuel anointed Saul's King, then later he anointed David. To be anointed with oil, was a directive from God Himself, as a sign of blessing, or consecration. Anointing was always considered to be from God, and performed by his servants on earth.
Anointing oil was considered to be the most powerful thing there could be. It was even used in healing of countless people. It was looked on as a point of contact between God and man.
Oil is still used today, to bless and protect everything from people and houses, to pets. Anointing oil is usually pure olive oil, because it all started with olive oil.
There is a prayer that makes regular olive oil into anointing oil, just the way the priests did it. Any believer can bless anyone else with anointing oil in Jesus name. It was, and is by faith.
There are anointing's that take place without oil, nevertheless they still are anointing's from God. There are people that do special jobs on this earth, for instance like a Billy Graham, who was anointed by God personally to preach His Word. No matter how you look at it, anointing is a very powerful thing. May God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment