Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sin Forgiveness


It Is Written, James 1:14-15, but each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15) then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
As Jesus said in Matthew 5:21-28, concerning murder and adultery, it is a heart thing.  Even though you do not commit these sins in fact the way we see it,  Jesus considers it sin.  With Jesus standards of what sin is, no man can possibly live up to them.
Paul is considered the greatest apostle.  He wrote a majority of the New Testament.  He was in fact very close to God, so surely he could live up to Jesus standards.  Not so.  In Romans 7:13-25,  you can read of the torment he went through in dealing with sin.
Just in case you haven't read it, we can sum it up with verses 24 and 25.  O wretched man that I am !  Who will deliver me from this body of death?  I thank God-through Jesus Christ our Lord!  So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
As you probably figured out by now, he went through the same feelings of depression and frustration that we do.  Even his closeness to God did not spare him.  As a matter of fact it was probably much worse for him because of his relationship with God.  When you read these verses, you can feel his guilt and frustration.  But he did know the answer.
When we sin, no matter how hard we try not to, we must remember that Jesus understands.  He died on the cross to forgive our past, present, and future sins.
Jesus knew that even the patriarchs, prophets and apostles could not possibly make it to heaven on their own.  God does not play favorites, so we are all equal with even the heroes of the Bible.  We are all forgiven by grace through what Jesus did.
We must do our best, confess when we fail, and move on.  Jesus died for all of us, and does not love one more than another.  He is an equal opportunity God.  Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You.
Prayer of Salvation.
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment