Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Love Your Neighbor


It Is Written, Deuteronomy 10:18-19, He administers justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the stranger, giving him food and clothing, 19 ) therefore love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Many of the verses in the Bible refer to loving others.  How do you do that? Many people appear to be unlovable for various reasons, based on how they appear to us.  God does not accept excuses for failure to do what the Word says.
Just like many other people, I wrestled with that.  How do you love strangers or the unlovable?  Just as God has standards we cannot possibly attain, His mercy and love seems to stretch when we do something good.
The other day I was turning on a green turning arrow, when I saw an oncoming bus speeding toward me.  I stopped in mid turm, because he didn't even slow down.  He ran through a red light.
In the old days I would've cussed at him and called him names, even though he couldn't hear me.  I started to feel some anger, because the incident could have been deadly for me.  I guess the Holy Spirit got a hold of me, because I forgave that guy instead.
Later on when I thought about it, I felt that in this case, I showed love for the bus driver, because I forgave him instead of cursing him.
I believe God looks on any kind act, any act of forgiveness, and any lack of judging someone, as loving your fellow man.  So something that could've ended badly, taught me something about love.  Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment