Thursday, November 5, 2015

Giving-Choice or Commandment ?


It Is Written, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, but this I say:  he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will reap bountifully. 7 ) so let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity;  for God loves a cheerful giver.
Giving has become something of a "I don't want to hear about it"  thing in most people's lives.  There has been so much abuse of it that people are reluctant to give.
When a disaster occurs, millions are collected, and a large amount unfortunately is stolen or disappears one way or another.  Some preachers on TV promise fabulous returns on what you send to them, so it is no wonder people feel the way to do.
Here are a couple of ways to look at giving.  I believe they are legitimate.
Whether you send your money to legitimate charity, or you give to a scraggly looking person on the street, remember this.  God loves a cheerful giver, and will bless him.  If you can't give cheerfully, don't even bother giving.  Don't worry about a charity you give to being a phony or not.  Use guidance from the Holy Spirit and your best judgment, the Lord will reward you, and deal with them if they are crooks.
Giving is an excuse for God to bless someone even more, because it shows love to Him.  There are numerous ways giving protects you, by keeping you close to God, and helping you avoid sin  and tragedy.  That however is for another time because it would take too long to explain here.
Give as you are led by the Holy Spirit, and when you do it, do it cheerfully from the heart.  Giving really does benefit you if you do it with your heart and not for gain.  When you dedicate your giving to God, and stop worrying about the person or charity being worthy, you'll find peace and joy.
If you would like to check out a charity to see how it ranks as far as what it does with your money, Google Charity Navigator.  They are very good at letting you know how much of your dollars goes to what it's actually intended for, and you can get the information free, or make a donation if you wish.  I don't know where I first heard of them but I do check with them on occasion if I am not sure about something.  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment