Monday, November 16, 2015

Beating The Blues


It Is Written, Psalm 42:11, why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?  Hope in God;  for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.
I don't think there is one person in this world who has not had what we call the blues at one time or another.  What I am about to tell you, is something I found out years ago when I was going through that painful experience called blues, or even depression.
Depression starts out as a thought from satan.  He looks for something you are not happy about, and distorts and magnifies it in your brain.  If you accept this, he starts to distort and add other things in order for you to start seeing everything as hopeless.
satan will get you to the point where you start to hate everything about your life.  You even start to hate yourself.  Because of the way you feel and act with others, you can even destroy close relationships.
The best way to handle the situation, is to beat it before it becomes  a problem.  When you start to feel depression sneaking up on you, don't panic.  If you are a Christian, tell satan to leave in Jesus name.
The next step for everyone is to change what you focus on.  Instead of concentrating on your problems and how you feel, focus on someone you love, or something good in your life.  Think about as many good things as you can.
The next step is to call on Jesus or the Holy Spirit to help you.  Read the Word.  Have some verses on Jesus love for us, and meditate on them.  We can't keep satan from trying, but we can keep him from succeeding. Usually when a person is going through a hard time, the last thing they want to hear is anything about Jesus.  That is because satan knows he can't win if you turn to Jesus and put your focus on Him, so he goes at it with everything he has to try and deceive you.
Whether you are a believer or not, the trick is to put your focus on something or someone else, and forget about your feelings for yourself. The more you focus on someone you love, or something you like to do, or something you have been successful at, the better chance you have of beating the blues before it even takes hold.
The absolute truth that I found out years ago is that Jesus is the answer for everything.  It may sound too simple, or you may doubt, but that does not change the fact.  Jesus is Lord of all.  Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment