Monday, November 9, 2015

Righteousness


It Is Written, Luke 18:11, the Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank you that I am not like other men-extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
Many religions stress the things you should do, or not do.  As a result, many people, trying their best to follow what their religion tells them, often run the risk of falling into self-righteousness.
Self-righteousness leads most people to judge other people, by comparing the others to themselves.  The problem is, judging is not our business, it is for our creator to judge each person, including us.
Righteousness was bestowed on us by what Jesus did, not by what we do. Righteousness like salvation cannot be earned, it also is a gift from God.
In some extreme cases, a person can be so consumed by self-righteousness that he fails to love God, because he becomes his own God.
Don't get me wrong.  We should do good works because we love God, not because we are commanded to, or think that we will get some special treatment from God.  We cannot, in countless lifetimes, earn righteousness by ourselves.  The Pharisee in the verse above, had no clue about his unworthiness and sin,  based on God's standards which are impossible for man to live up to by himself.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment