Monday, July 27, 2015

My Father Loves Me


It Is Written, Proverbs 13:1,  a wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
When I was growing up I knew my parents loved me,  but we were not a warm family.  We were not close, and I guess we really didn't try to be.  My dad was a nice guy, and we certainly didn't suffer hardship because of him, but he never took interest in what I did or wanted to do.
When I first found the Lord, it was very hard to accept that God the father loves me so much.  I didn't have much of an idea of what that meant.  Yes I read plenty of verses about His love, but like most people, the verses were nice, but they didn't really touch me.
Like a lot of people, I just lived  my life my way, and didn't think about it very much. Then one day, I had an awakening.  After a bad decision on my part, I suddenly realized that a little voice inside me, kept telling me not to do what I did.
I started thinking about other things.  I finally realized that my habit was to pray about something, then do it my way.  How many times do you have to stick your hand in a fire, to realize it hurts?
I started to look at all of these verses again, but this time I looked at myself and my two boys.  Did I look out for them, was I interested in what they wanted to do, did I try to guide them, did I really love them and show it? The answer was yes.
It became obvious to me, that if an imperfect person like me tried to guide his kids for their happiness and well-being, how much more would God do?  Obviously no comparison.
Now when I read the verses, I see the absolute truth in them. Since God sees all, and loves me unconditionally, how can I go wrong following His lead?
I found it helped me to be a better father, when I passed on wisdom from my Father.  Believe me when I tell you, the words in the Bible are not just words.  They are life.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment