Thursday, July 16, 2015

Be A Doer


It Is Written, James 1 :22-23,  But be doers of the Word,  and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.  For if anyone is a hearer of the Word,  and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;  for he observes himself,  goes away,  and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
This does not refer to works which cannot save, but the operation of the fruits of the Holy Spirit received at salvation.  Galatians 5: 22-23.  Love , joy, peace, longsuffering (patience ), faithfulness, gentleness, self control.
There is far less benefit to just reading the word, than studying it.  We must also use the Word as a guide to living our lives.  Knowing about the fruits of the Holy Spirit, is not the same as practicing what they are.
If a person doesn't know or practice what is in the Word,  he becomes an easy target for satan.  It is like anything else,  in that if you don't put in effort and practice, your skills and memory fade, and you are no better off than before you started.
Knowing and doing what the Word says is too important to have a casual attitude toward it.  Have A Blessed Day.  Praise The Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer Of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment