Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Who is God

Greetings My Friends;
Today we will explore some of the characteristics of God. This will help us get a picture of how incredible He is. It isn't all He is, He is far bigger than any human can express.
God is a spirit. John 4:24. God is a spirit, and those who worship Him, must worship in spirit and truth.
God is love. 1 John 4:8. He who does not love, does not know God, for God is love.
God is omnipotent or absolute sovereign. Totally  complete control of everything. Psalm 83:18. Then they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, are the most high over all the earth.
God is perfect. Matthew 5:48. Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your father in heaven is perfect.
God is righteous. Psalm 145:17. The Lord is righteous in all his ways, gracious in all his works.
God is merciful. Psalm 86:5. For you Lord, art good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call on You.
God is compassionate(have pity or deal gently with) but the Lord was gracious to them, had compassion on them, because of His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and would not yet destroy them or cast them from His presence.
God is unequaled. Jeremiah 10:6. It is much as there is none like You, You are great and your name is great in might.
As I said in the beginning, no human can cover all of the greatness of God. The next few messages will cover more of the characteristics of our Lord. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit we will start to build toward a better relationship with God, by getting a better understanding of who He is.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment