Monday, December 16, 2013

Joy of Being a Christian

Greetings My Friends;
Today we will take a deeper look at the absolute joy in life when you accept Jesus as your personal savior, and follow His lead.
Jesus told us that he would send the Holy Spirit to help us,, to teach us, and to be everything we needed Him to be in order to follow God's plan for us, so we could have eternity with Him.
The first thing I noticed in my life, was an overwhelming sense of peace. As the old saying goes, I felt like I didn't have a nerve in my body. Now when something comes up, I calmly talk to the Holy Spirit and asking for His help. He has never failed. He sees and I went.
Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me"
Philippians 4:13 "I will do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Along with taking care of all types of problems, to me one of the greatest gifts is healing. In the past, I was very sick about half my life. I went to a couple of dozen doctors over the years, and was basically told "you just have to live with this condition",  Well left me tell you, the Great Healer knew, and He healed me. He healed me of three potentially deadly ailments. Is it any wonder why I feel excited about Jesus and the Holy Spirit? My last major problem lasted only a short time, because I knew which Healer to go to.
We're supposed to love one another. That might seem like an incredibly difficult thing to do, but it isn't. I think it is all what you call love. Most of us think that love is like the love for our spouse or children. I don't think so. I think the love we are to have for one another is simply the way we treat one another. When we are quick to forgive, don't judge a person, and let it pass, that is love. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is love. Avoiding gossip is love. Helping someone is love, whether it is physical, financial, or any other way. The greatest love for someone in my personal opinion is telling someone about Jesus and praying for them. If you do these things to show the love of Jesus, you are doing what you're supposed to do.
If you look at things kind of like I explained so far, your life will be one of joy, peace, love, and a blessings to you as well as others. You can't help telling people about Jesus. If they see Jesus in you, they will want what you have.
This great life is a gift from God. The only thing we have to do is choose life. The Lord and His love for us gave us that choice. I heard a preacher say something the other day that was a real blessing to me and maybe to you too. When you tell someone about Jesus, you plant a seed. Don't worry if the person seems unaffected. The Holy Spirit will never let them forget what you said, so just turn it all over to the Lord.
You may or may not agree with things I've said in this message, but I think it does give you something to think about. The Lord does not ask us to do anything, that He doesn't provide the way of doing it.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment