Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Part 2

Greetings My Friends;
Welcome to part two of my message on Christmas.
I love to jump to conclusions, so I put two and two together and I think I came up with four. If what I see with cashiers is true, it stands to reason that there are many shoppers out there that feel the same way. Now we have reason for hope.
I believe with all my heart that satan tries to use things like Black Friday sales to create a kind of feeding frenzy. He knows all of the buttons to push to bring out the worst in someone. We must remember that we cannot start judging other people and how they act under different circumstances.
I have finally reached the point where I see things quite a bit different than I did in the past, thanks to the Holy Spirit. He put in my heart that a lot of people just get caught up in things, and may on occasion go overboard. What one person considers not enough, another may think it's too much.
I believe that the love and sense of giving taught by Jesus, lives in our subconscious. I am convinced that is what causes people to be nicer, more thoughtful, more helpful, and more generous at Christmas.
When it comes to Christmas we are all like little children. We get caught up in the excitement and anticipation of it all. We get excited about getting gifts, and giving gifts to those we love. We get a kick out of seeing the look on their faces. We buy what we think will make someone happy, and give our best.
We gather together for Christmas, as family is a big part of the celebration. Usually if you cannot be with family at Christmas, you feel as though you have a big empty space where your heart was. Christmas is also a time when differences are put away. We have compassion for others and act accordingly. Above all we realize that it is Jesus birthday. It bothered me for a long time, that it wasn't the actual anniversary of His birth. I don't know if anyone really knows when the actual date was, but I guess it doesn't matter that much, as long as we remember Him and what He means to us.
What Jesus did and stood for will always stand out in the minds of all believers, and all almost believers. There is no way we can fully appreciate all that He did, so the best we can do, is live the way He taught us, and to love one another as He loved us.
One of the things that we started doing in our family, is to have a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas. The cake is baked by one of the women in the family, and everyone wants to volunteer, and they decorate it and put Jesus name on it. We even sing happy birthday.
So in this joyous season, let us all remember what it is truly about, and take the time to enjoy family and friends. I'll close this message by saying, happy birthday Jesus, and thank you more than we can say, for your love for us.
Our family wishes your family, a happy Jesus birthday. May God bless you and keep you as long as you live.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment