Monday, December 9, 2013

The Pitfalls of Prayer

Greetings My Friends;
This may seem like a strange title, but it will make sense very soon. You see, satan's mission is to try to block prayers of believers by planting doubt and fear. He knows the power of prayer, because prayer is a weapon against him.
One of the pitfalls is well-meaning family or friends. Suppose for instance your grandmother died from cancer, and now your mother did too. Undoubtedly some very sincere members of your family will tell you that you should start getting checkups, because it runs in the family and your chances of getting it are very high.
I am not saying you should not do the prudent thing in your life. I am saying don't let fear step in and accept the disease for you. I would probably pray for perfect health, believe it, and say it every day,and claim that I have perfect health. If I felt that I should get a check up once in a while, I would do it. It is no crime or block to prayer if it is not done in fear or doubt.
Another common problem, is that some things are easier to believe for healing then others. For example, a headache or a cold is easy to believe as compared to a knee that the Dr. says needs to be replaced. At times the vast majority of people would feel that way.
It is written that God's arm is not too short. As far as the healing power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name is concerned, growing a new leg is no tougher than getting rid of a hang nail. Again the devil tries to plant doubt and fear. We therefore have to accept what God says, because we know he doesn't lie, and satan is the prince of lies.
Another problem is that a lot of people you know, and even some preachers, will tell you that healing was for Bible times and does not happen now. That is total nonsense. When Jesus went back to Heaven, he gave us the Holy Spirit to help us in all things, and to carry on Jesus work.
Another very big problem is patience. The devil tries to use patience as a tool against you to create doubt. If he can get you to start being impatient, he can delay the results of your prayer for a long long time. We all expect instant results. Even if we have a lot of faith and patients, it will be answered at the time God feels is right for us and our situation.
As I've mentioned before, God always answers prayers of believers. They may not always be the way we expect or want, but the answer will always be for our good. So be on the lookout for pitfalls that can cause problems with your prayers. The ones I have mentioned are not the only ones, but they are the most common. Remember anything that causes fear or doubt, opens the door for satan.
As it is written "we walk by faith and not by sight" As always when you pray , say it, believe it, receive it. Know that the Lord hears your prayers and will answer, always.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment