Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Average Christian

Greetings My Friends;
A lot of us feel that when it comes to being a Christian, at times we don't measure up. We compare ourselves to other people. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not so good.
We get into conversations at the church and sometimes we hear about someone at church, or a relative or friend of someone at work.
One of the people reads the Bible two hours a day. We try it, because we feel that we are at least as good as they are. Unfortunately, we just can't seem to do that, so we feel bad.
Someone tithes 20% and we tithe 2%. Whether we can easily do more or not causes more grief. Maybe the other  person sacrifices in order to do it. We can't even give up one cup of coffee per day to do better. A little more guilt.
Another person is always helping other people with something, always full of the Lord, does a big variety of things we can't seem to do.
There are a couple of things we all need to remember. We are saved by grace and not by works, lest any man should boast. God sees each of us as equal. He doesn't see things as we do. He loves all of us. The conclusion? Do the things you feel the Lord is leading you to do. Do it with love to Him, and don't worry about the rest. Each of us is responsible for ourselves. When we try to be like other people, we are saying God's plan for us is not good enough.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment