Tuesday, January 9, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Prayer-Real Or Fantasy

John 15:7, If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Prayer and whether it works has been a subject of controversy since man first prayed. If you ask a hundred people, 10 would probably say it works. The rest would not be sure, or they would come up with an answer of no, it does not work.

Why do you suppose the opinions are so negative? Prayer is not something magical. Some people think that just pronouncing words that someone wrote is all it takes. This is usually followed by a comment, I have heard many times, “I tried it and it didn’t work”.

The Bible tells us about the power of prayer. The verses in the Bible are the promises of the Lord God Almighty, Creator of the universe and all that is in it. Most of these promises, if not all of them, were spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ. We know that the promises are true, but how do we experience them in our lives?

Matthew 7:7-8, Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find, knock and it will be open to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, it will be opened.

So, we can figure out from this verse that we must look for almighty God and keep looking until we find Him. When we know who He really is, we can start to believe His promises.

Mark 11: 24, therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

After you ask, believe and receive, praise and thank God Almighty until you’re answer materializes.

John 14: 13, whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 

Philippians 4 :6, be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer, and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

Philippians 4: 13, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Here’s a little suggestion that will get you started in the right direction. Start your prayer by confessing sins, that is (what God calls sin) not what you call sin. The bible will help you see what God calls sin. Ask the Lord God Almighty in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

When most people pray, they have an idea of how they will receive it. Bad idea. When God answers prayer, He does what is best for an individual, and that might include no.

Another thing you must remember is everything is in God’s timing. Don’t start to do it your way because you are waiting two days, and you want it sooner.

The entire universe runs on God’s plan, God’s timing, including what people do. The best thing I have found is to take whatever it is, give it to almighty God, step back, and stay out of it. It does take persistence, so don’t rush it and be anxious and quick to judge that you think it didn’t work or won’t work. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

 Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again to wash my sins away and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment