Thursday, January 25, 2024

Knowing Almighty God

Hosea 6:3, Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord, His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth.

Many people read the Bible the same way they read a novel. When you read the Bible, it is as exciting as you make it. That cannot be said for a novel.

You may be asking yourself, how can I make it exciting when I have trouble understanding it? The answer is simple, and it does work.

Start out with the Book of Matthew. Read one chapter slowly with your full attention. When you finish, read it again, and pay special attention to the words of Jesus. They are usually in red. highlight the verses that speak to you.

Finish your reading for the day, pick out one of the verses you highlighted, and meditate on it as much as possible until you memorize it and totally understand what it’s trying to tell you. Then the next time pick another verse and do the same thing.

After you have memorized these verses, read the gospel again, meditate on putting it all together and see how it applies to your life.

Go through the whole New Testament one chapter at a time, and you will get a real clear picture of who the Lord Jesus Christ is, and how the Bible teaches us about life.

There is no rush, but it must be consistent. Your faith will grow, your prayers will be more powerful, and you will realize how knowing God will get you through your life on this Earth.

What I always do before I read the Bible, I ask the Holy Spirit to help me know and understand what I read, and to make things pop out at me.

Psalm 9: 10, and those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Psalm 119: 10, with my whole heart I have sought You; oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of those sins, and I thank you and Praise you for what you did to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment