Thursday, January 4, 2024

Eyes Open

Matthew 14:27-31, Immediately Jesus spoke to them saying be of good cheer it is I; do not be afraid and Peter answered him and said Lord if it is you command me to come to you on the water, so He said come. And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus, but when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid and beginning to sink he cried out saying, Lord save me and immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him and said to him, oh you of little faith, why did you doubt?

The condition of the world and especially our country in particular causes great despair, stress, and incredible fear in most people.

When you see how Jesus is ignored and removed from everything, you begin to understand hate, corruption, and evil of all sorts and notice that it is growing.

When I read today’s starting verse, I think it is a good analogy of the storm of evil we face in this life. Peter was walking on water until he took his eyes off Jesus and focused on the storm instead.

Colossians 3:2, set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on Earth.

Romans 12: 2, do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

As we go through our daily life it helps to remember that Almighty God is in charge. Every single person is allowed to decide who they will follow in their life. The choices are between the Lord Jesus Christ, or satan.

Just as Jesus grabbed Peter’s hand and saved him, He will do the same for us. He is always with those who love Him. He knows what we go through because He lived on Earth and experienced it in person. There was plenty of hatred, cruelty, and massive evil, just as we experience or maybe more.

2 Corinthians, 4:18, as we look not to the things that are seen, but to the things that are unseen. For things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Matthew 16: 23, but He turned and said to Peter, get behind Me satan! You are a hindrance to Me, for you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.

Just as the Lord Jesus said these words to Peter, we can say them to ourselves if we start to see that we are trying to deal with things only God Almighty can do.

Philippians 4: 8, finally brothers whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

 As I have said many times in other messages, in order to progress in any endeavor that we take, we must be focusing on the goal and not any side issues or conditions. Don’t forget, satan wants us to see the storm instead of the rainbow after. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment