Tuesday, August 1, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Loving God

Mark 12:30, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind and with all your strength.

These words are first found in Deuteronomy 6:4-5. It is the Cornerstone of Jewish faith handed down by Moses. At first glance it might seem impossible for anyone to be that intense about loving God even though He deserves that from each of us.

I struggled with it for a long time. I asked myself how do you know how much you love God? After a considerable amount of time I figured that  kind of love can only come from our spirit. So, I pray through my spirit with the Holy Spirit. I have come to think that as a human the best I can do is make God #1 in my life. It isn’t perfect but it’s a start.

1Thessalonians 5:16-18, Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

 At first thought this might seem impossible too. After searching Bible commentaries, I discovered I already do some of that.

 During your day if you thank God, praise Him ask for help or even just say a few words to Him every once in a while, I believe you are praying without ceasing.

As in everything you do, commit it to the Lord and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you and help you. Almighty God knows we are weak so all he asks is for us to make Him #1 and do our best.

If you slip occasionally, don’t beat yourself up. Ask the Holy Spirit for help and try hard to do your best. The Lord God Almighty Judges us by what is in our heart. If you start to do these things, they will become so natural you won’t even realize you’re doing it. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

 Prayer of Salvation.

 Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment