Thursday, August 10, 2023

Being A Christian

Ephesians 2:8-9, For by Grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing it is the gift of God not a result of works so that no one may boast.

When a person is saved, he receives the Holy Spirit. With the newfound love for the Lord Jesus Christ and the presence of the Holy Spirit it is natural to want to tell everyone about the Lord Jesus Christ.

As people read God’s word, they get encouragement from the following verses.

Matthew 5:16,  in the same way let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.

James 2: 18, but someone will say you have faith and I have works. Show me your faith apart from your works and I will show you my faith by my works.

Over the years I have heard many people saying they weren’t interested in hearing about Jesus. Among the complaints were self-righteous Christians and their Superior attitude, pushy, and beating people over the head with Jesus.

I must admit I really wasn’t aware of much of that behavior among people I knew. If it was true, I could find myself agreeing with them to a point.

In recent days I discovered a real believer I know personally acting in the same exact way. People in their household say they are told at least once a day that they are not saved and are verbally abused and condemned quite often.

People at work with this person say Jesus is constantly being pushed on them. This person has created such a hostile environment all in a misguided effort to bring people to Jesus. Please pray for people like this because they are going about it the wrong way. Jesus did not intend for people to act this way to get followers.

There is a better way to bring people to Jesus. Pray to the Lord Jesus Christ and/or almighty God to open the heart and mind of each person you pray for.

Ask the Lord to let you know who to talk to and when. Ask for the words to say. The person or persons will show up in God’s time. Remember only Jesus can save, but we have a part.

Galatians 5: 22-23, but the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such things there is no law.

 These are perfect examples of how to act. We do these things as a sign of our love for the Lord Jesus Christ. It should all be done from the heart. When we are sincere about what we are doing, and we are consistent with that, people will want what we have and that is the whole point. We are Praising the Lord and getting people to open their hearts and minds for the Holy Spirit to act in their lives. It isn’t easy but it is well worth it. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation. 

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment