Sunday, August 13, 2023

God's Promises Sunday

What Are You Doing

Matthew 25:40, And the king will answer them truly I say to you as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers you did it to me.

Matthew 25:45, Then he will answer them saying truly I say to you as you did not do it to one of the least of these you did not do it to me.

I asked myself that very question. I responded to myself by naming the charities that my wife and I regularly support. The answer I got back was, is that all?

I thought about that for a while. It is easy to pick out charities and set up auto giving every month. No thought involved at all. Is that what Jesus had in mind? Was this giving from the heart or as a type of obligation?

More thinking and more answers. Giving should not be impersonal money all the time. The Lord Jesus Christ looks at the heart and sees the motives. We cannot pull a fast one on the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Proverbs 14: 31, whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker but he who is generous to the needy honors Him.

I have discovered what I need to do. The first thing in the morning I commit my day to the Lord. I ask for his help and guidance so I can live according to His will during the day, and I follow whatever He puts in my heart.

If something is in my heart, I do my best to follow it. Now I look at a situation that needs help, not just a rating from charity Navigator. Every donation goes out with a prayer that it is used for God’s glory.

A week or two ago I wrote about Holy moments. It has become a challenge to me to have as many of these moments as I can. In case you don’t know about Holy moments they are helping someone, kindnesses,  encouragement you show other people in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Holy moments are a way of giving yourself to the honor and Glory of Father God and reflecting the light of the Lord Jesus Christ to others.

We cannot just talk, we must act. An old saying is one picture is worth a thousand words. We may be the only real Christian someone ever meets. Can they see The Lord Jesus Christ in us?

In case you’re looking for an idea for a Holy moment I suggest you read Galatians 5: 22- 23

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such things there is no law.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment