Sunday, August 27, 2023

God's Promises Sunday

The Unforgiving Servant

Matthew 18:23-35, Jesus said,  24)the Kingdom of Heaven may be compared to a King who wished to settle accounts with his servants 24) when he began to settle one was brought to him who owed him 10,000 talents. 25) And since he could not pay his master ordered him to be sold with his wife and children and all that he had and payments to be made. 26) So, the servant fell on his knees imploring him; have patience with me and I will pay you everything. 27) and out of pity for him the master of the servant released him and forgave him the debt. 28) But when the same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred Denari and seeing him began to choke him saying pay what you owe. 29) So, his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him to have patience with me and I will pay you. 30) He refused and went and put him in prison until he paid the debt. 31) When his fellow servants saw what had taken place they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place. 32) Then his master summoned him and said to him you wicked servant. I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33) And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant as I had mercy on you? 34) And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers until he should pay all his debt. 35) So also, my Heavenly Father will do to every one of you if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.

The Lord Jesus Christ gave his life in the most horrible way there is. He was scourged which we cannot imagine. His flesh was ripped from his body exposing bones. Isaiah 52: 14 describes the whole process and which Isaiah said was so bad you could not even realize that he was human.

Then He was crucified with all the terrible pain, humiliation, and shame. Three days later, however He was raised from the dead.

The Lord Jesus Christ knew what would happen to him, but He gave Himself willingly for our sin debt past, present, and future, to be paid in full for us. If the Lord Jesus Christ didn’t do what He did no one would be saved, and hell would be the future for every single person. There is no possible way for us to pay for our own sins.

It seems that it would be a good idea for each of us when we feel wronged to compare the offenses, we were guilty of and forgiven. Considering what the Lord Jesus did for us shouldn’t we look at an offense toward us, and how trivial it is in comparison? 

Every day we do not forgive we are hurting almighty God and prolonging our pain. Forgive and please Almighty God, and bring peace and contentment to your heart knowing that you are following your Heavenly Father’s plan. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Luke 6:37, Judge not and you will not be judged, condemn not and you will not be condemned; forgive and you will be forgiven.

 Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment