Thursday, August 31, 2017

Know Jesus Like the Apostles Did


It Is Written, Acts 1:21-22 therefore, of these men who have accompanied us all the time as the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from the baptism of John to that day when He was taken up from us, one of these must become a witness with us of His resurrection.
Many of us think we know Jesus. There's no question we know about  Him, but do we know Him?
You may be wondering how you get to really know the real Jesus. It seems to me that a good answer is, you must know Him as the apostles did.
It will take a little effort, but it is well worth it. Study the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Read slowly, and put yourself in the story. See what Jesus said or did, and how the apostles reacted.
Instead of just observing, put yourself with the apostles for each event. See Jesus love for man, the way they did. Feel how witnessing the blind given sight, or the lame walking, would affect you. About the reaction to the loaves and fish?
Feel the anguish and heartbreak He felt when He was rejected and hated by some of the people He healed. He knew everything that would happen, but He loved and healed people anyway.
When you look at Him for who He is, it is not hard to believe that He loves us, no matter what we did in the past. Accept Jesus as Savior, repent, and believe. Hebrews 13:5 says, I will never leave you or forsake you. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment