Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Greatest Fast


It Is Written, in Isaiah chapter 58. It is too long to write here, but it will do you a tremendous amount of good if you read that chapter. What I have written will make sense only if you do.
When we think of fasting, we usually think of giving up food for a few days. We have also heard of variations of fasting. There are dozens of fasts that people have come up with, probably in order to make the idea of fasting, more acceptable.
I'm not going into a discussion of the merits of each type, or the value of each when done with prayer. When we decide about fasting for any reason, we should take into consideration how God feels about fasting.
Isaiah 58:6-7 tells us about what God considers the ideal fast. Verses eight through 11 tell you about the benefits of this fast. Again reading this chapter of Isaiah, will make everything in this message more understandable.
When we were saved, we received the fruits of the spirit. We received these fruits because God thought they were important for us to have.
It is not a coincidence that the fruits are the basis of God's preferred fast as outlined in Isaiah 58. He gave us all the tools we need to help us with His fast. Meditate on this chapter and give it some serious consideration. You will be blessed. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment