Sunday, May 22, 2016

Light of Life


It Is Written, John 8:12, then Jesus spoke to them again, saying "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life".
When we see a lighthouse in person, or even pictures of lighthouses, they conjure up pictures in our minds. They can look lonely, perched on rocks facing the sea. Lighthouses can also look peaceful and warm.
You can let your imagination put you on an old-time tall ship. It is night, pitch black, and a really bad storm is tossing the ship around like a toy. Everyone is worried about dying.
Suddenly, someone sees a powerful light piercing the stormy darkness. They know that that light will keep them from certain death on the rocks, and show them the way home to a safe port. In those sailors minds, that light means they are saved if they follow it.
You knew Jesus would come into this message somehow. Jesus is the light. His light pierces the darkness of this world. Just as the sailors were in a storm, so are we. satan is trying to make that storm we are in, cause our destruction.
The saving light is out there, ready to guide us safely home. That light is called Jesus Christ. Darkness cannot exist in the light of His presence. Just as a lighthouse helps those who trust in its guidance, Jesus will guide anyone who trusts in Him. He will get you home if you let Him. May God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment