Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Simple Prayer


It Is Written, Psalm 145:19, and He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;  He also will hear their cry and save them.
You can watch just about any Christian preacher, and you will hear different ways to pray.  In recent years you hear about speaking to a problem in Jesus name, or about having authority in Jesus name to pronounce things such as healing.  The authority comes from the words Jesus spoke to His apostles and disciples just before His ascension.
I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not disagreeing with these teachings.  The problem I find with most people is that they slip into thinking that these prayers are dependent on them in order to be answered.  I have heard preachers say on many occasions, that we don't make it happen, but our faith in Jesus does.  We worry about it anyway though.
Most people get disappointed when they don't get immediate results.  Most of the time they don't expect the desired results, so they get what they expect.  So there is the dilemma.
One day I was relaxing, with a pretty uncluttered mind, and a simple way to pray popped into my head.  Take quiet time with the Lord, and speak to Him as you would your best friend.  Then thank Him and praise Him for the blessings and miracles in your life.  Then tell Him the desires of your heart, and tell Him that you know that He has the best way and the best plan for you.  Put everything you pray about in His hands with all your heart.  Thank Him for the answer, and believe it is done.  Remind Him every day until it manifests in this natural world.
When the average person does it this way, they have much less trouble believing, because they aren't in a position to rely on themselves for the answer to a prayer.  This is a good way to build your faith to the point where you can do it the way the preachers tell you. Taking the authority Jesus gave us to do things He expects us to do in His name.
A little helpful hint.  Look back in your life and see where God took care of you, when it may have seemed impossible.  As a matter of fact there are many times He took care of all of us when we least expected, and without us asking.  Read Proverbs 3:5-6, I think that will make everything pretty clear. In the meantime may God bless you and your family.                     Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment