Sunday, May 1, 2016

Just Ask


It Is Written, John 14:13-14, and whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the father may be glorified in the Son, if you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
Most of us are familiar with the parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32.  We focus our attention on the younger son, who it seems is very anxious to get out in the world and enjoy its pleasures.
This young man has no idea what is out there waiting for him, but he wants to find out.  Apparently he is bored at home, and wants to do everything his way, so he is gives no thought to leaving his father.  We know what happens when he is on his own.
Many of us can relate to his little misadventure.  He did it his way, and we do it our way.  We all run into hardship, regrets, and despair, until most of us finally wake up to see what we lost.  He knew his father loved him, and would forgive him, and welcome him back with open arms.  When we wake up, we go back to Jesus and receive total forgiveness and unconditional love.
The older brother was faithful to his father, and did all that his father asked.  He loved his father, and his father loved him.  When his father took the younger brother back and celebrated his return, the older brother got angry.  Apparently some jealousy and feeling sorry for himself was the reason.
We can also relate to the older brother.  He had his loving father, and we have ours.  Everything his father had was his, and everything our father has is ours.  He never asked his father for anything, and became angry at his brother because he did.  We for whatever reason don't ask our father for anything, so we miss out.  Many things from God, are for those who ask in Jesus name.  If we do not seek our fathers blessings, we should not be angry at those who do.
This little example of what the parable showed was mine.  It was not explained that way in the Bible.  I just saw myself both ways.  How about you?
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment