Thursday, May 5, 2016

A Patch of Sand


It Is Written, James 1:2-4, my brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
If you stop and think about it, life resembles a golf course.  If you are not familiar with the golf game, let me explain briefly.  The object of the game is to hit a small ball, and try to get that ball to fall into a small hole many meters away.
In between the place where you hit the ball , and the place it is to go, is what they call sand traps. One of the things you don't want to do, is to get the ball in the sand trap, because it is very difficult to get out of.  The traps were placed where they were in order to make it difficult to get to the goal. What has this got to do with life, let's take a look.
In life we operate pretty much the same way, except our traps are called finances, jobs, depression, addictions, and all sorts of other problems. Many of these are extremely hard to get out of.  Just like golf it can really humble you.
In life, depending on where you are spiritually, these traps can be a wake-up call, cause you to grow, or crush you.
Fortunately in the game of life, we have rules that if followed, guarantees our victory.  It is called the Word of God.  If we follow His rules, and stick to it, the traps we encounter in life, are just a small test of patience.  It would really be nice if the game of golf was that simple.  May God bless you and your family.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment