Sunday, February 8, 2015

Who Are You?

It Is Written,2 Corinthians 6:18, "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty".
If someone said to you, who are you, how would you answer? The answer most people come up with first, is naming what they do for a living. If pressed further, they will start naming things they do, such as a parent, student, and so on.
I think part of the problem with the vast majority of people is, they were programmed to think that way from a very young age. Most of us are not familiar with the real us. I think if you believe in God, and what Jesus did for you, you can give better answers.
First of all you can say you are a spirit, created in the image of God. You are a son of God. You are a brother of Jesus. You are an heir of the most high God. Heaven is your home.
You can also add, that you are a reflection of Jesus. You are His hands, feet, mouth, etc. on this Earth. You are a channel of the living God's love and power to others.
Some people may not agree with what I have said, but it is all true. Just being people in this world, is not who we really are. We are spirits with a home in heaven when our job here is done. I am of course referring to the job God gave us to do. After everything is said and done, the thing you must realize, is that you are important to God. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment