Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Are They Saved?

It Is Written,1 Timothy 2:4, God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Today the Holy Spirit put on my heart to write about loved ones, and whether they are saved or not. I believe He did it because for the last week or so, it has been on my mind quite a lot.
I was unhappy over the fact that when my parents were alive, I was not a Christian. If I was, I would have talked to them about accepting Jesus as their Savior. The problem being, I don't know from their own lips if they were saved or not. I hate to think of them in the wrong place for eternity.
What I say now is strictly what I believe, and is not in the Bible. Here are my thoughts. Before you reject them as too far out, ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten you as to if they are true or not.
God has a plan for each of us. He knew every single word we would think or say, and everything we would do, even before creation. He knew who would accept Jesus and who wouldn't.
Since all of this is true, and we know He is a loving, merciful God, I believe the following. God knew I would feel this way, so He took that into consideration about my parents. Even though each of them was in a coma until they died, they could have been saved. Hospital people say that a person in a coma still has brain function, and knows what is going on. That being the case, an Angel could have been sent to talk to them, and they could have accepted Jesus.
I realize how this sounds, but I believe the God we serve would not give up on us until the very end. He knows that people like my parents, brought up in a religion that was loaded with rituals and rules, rather than much teaching, had a severe handicap. At this point I sincerely trust in the Lord's judgment and mercy, and I believe they are saved.
Maybe you have children who don't believe. They had plenty of religion while they were growing up, but as soon as they went to college, they no longer believed in the existence of God. Pretty common in this world by the way.
I was about 10 years old when I gave up on God. The religion we followed, turned me away from God. I went to church because I had to. As soon as I got out of grammar school, I no longer had to pretend. I never gave God a thought. I was so turned off, I didn't touch the Bible for the first time until I was in my 50s when Jesus made Himself known to me. Someone at some time, must have prayed for my salvation. Maybe it was my wife, maybe it was my mother in law, I have no idea, but there it was. I was saved.
To sum it all up pray, for those you love for salvation. Start your children out learning about God's grace, love, compassion, and mercy. Rules and regulation as well as ritual in most religions will turn them off. If you pray for anyone, remember that God knew you would, so He will not give up on them until the end. Trust in Him, and you will have peace in your heart. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment